The Malaysian Society for Industrial Safety was registered on the 27th April 1971.
Since its formation and registration, the Society has all the time been a non-profit, non-governmental and non-political organisation.
In 1991 the Society was renamed as the Malaysian Society for Occupational Safety and Health where the Patron of the Society is the Honourable Minister for Human Resources Malaysia.
VISIONTo be amongst the leaders in Occupational Safety and Health Organisation in the country.
MISSIONTo enhance and promote OSH in all workplaces and in all industries in support of the Government’s policy on OSH.
- Creating OSH awareness among employers and employees;
- Enhancing cooperation between employers & employees on matters pertaining to OSH;
- Organising seminars, workshops, courses and other meetings on OSH;
- Recognising members for excellence in OSH performances and contribution;
- To publish and circulate statistics and information obtained by the Society to facilitate the prevention of accidents, the enhancement lessons learned and promote the safety of employees; and
- To be the main link of communication with Asia Pacific Occupational Safety and Health Organization (APOSHO) and Japan International Centre of Occupational Safety and Health (JICOSH).